No Electronic Applications or payments accepted. Cash and check only.

Frequently Asked Questions


Still need help?

I want to start a building project (such as a Pole barn, deck, etc.), what do I do first?

The first step is to contact your township to discuss zoning issues.

Do I need a building permit for a roofing job, siding replacement, or a window replacement?

Yes, after contacting your township, print out an Instant Building Permit App and submit it.

Do you accept credit cards?

The Chelsea Area Construction Agency only accepts payments in the form of cash or check.

What is the phone number for the Washtenaw County Health Department?

You can reach the Washtenaw County Health Department at (734) 222-3800.  If you need more information, you can visit their website here.

How many sets of drawings do you need for plan submittal?

We require two (2) sets of drawings when plans are submitted.

How long does it take to receive my building permit after I apply for one?

Under normal circumstances, the permit can be issued the next business day.

When I schedule an inspection, how long does it take to get one?

Under normal circumstances, the inspector can do the inspection the next business day.

If I have questions about set backs off property lines who should I speak to?

Those questions should be referred to the township where the building is located.

Agency Member Ordinance Information

Dexter Township

Lima Township

Lyndon Township

Sylvan Township